The main techniques used in our lab are UV/Vis and fluorescence spectroscopy and Raman microscopy with the aim to study biological molecules and tissues in vitro and in vivo (Raman). The lab closely cooperates with the University of Belgrade – Faculty of Biology and the Institute for Pathology of the Clinical Center of Serbia.
- Creation of a tumour Raman spectra database developed using neuronal network signal processing. This extensive database will include a wide variety of tumours and surrounding healthy tissues, as it can greatly improve differential diagnostic capabilities of Raman spectroscopy in clinical settings.
- In vivo skin study, using an external Raman microscope probe, to differentiate healthy from benign and malignant tumours, as well as drug delivery and its therapeutic effects.
- Raman investigation of the chemical composition of brain structures after ionizing irradiation, and evaluation of the efficiencies of various new radioprotectors.
- Raman SERS is used to study tumour cell viability, as well as the effects of anticancer drugs.
- Characterization of polyaniline (PANI) composites with starch, collagen and other biomacromolecules (Raman, UV/Vis).
- Experimental and theoretical evaluation of anti/prooxidative properties of plant polyphenols, specifically flavonoids and phenolic acids. Their complexation with biologically relevant transition metal ions, stability and antiradical activity is investigated using UV/Vis, FTIR and Raman spectroscopies. Furthermore, these compounds are studied by EPR, cyclic voltammetry and polarography in cooperation with our two joint laboratories (for magnetic resonance and bioelectrochemistry).
- Theoretical studies of the antiradical activity mechanisms of polyphenols (cooperation with BioIRC (Kragujevac, Serbia), Ruđer Bošković Institute (Zagreb, Croatia), Faculty of Agriculture – University of Osijek (Croatia) and the University of Limoges (France).
For more information regarding these topics and collaboration, please contact:
Prof. Ivanka Holclajtner-Antunović, PhD: firstname.lastname@example.org
Prof. Gordana Ćirić-Marjanović, PhD: email@example.com
Prof. Jasmina Dimitrić-Marković, PhD: firstname.lastname@example.org
Assist. prof. Marko Daković, PhD: email@example.com
Danica Bajuk Bogdanović, PhD: firstname.lastname@example.org